Thursday 6 September 2012

Skiing!

Although it may seem a little hard to believe if you live in the Northern hemisphere, Australia has ski-fields!
About two and a half hours from Canberra it looks a little like this


 
And this is where my family has been for the last few days.
In our family there are the good skiiers (the males) and the "developing skiers" (the females). Fortunately for us girls the boys are very good and patient instructors. My husband spent hours on the beginner slopes with our 5 year old daughter between his skis whizzing down in an endless snow plough. At the same time my gorgeous 19 year old son coaxed his very nervous mother down what I thought was a very steep slope by saying gently "Just remember to breathe, Mum, I don't think you're breathing!!"

The weather was beautiful


 
and some of us went very high indeed.


 
At the end of the day though, this was the best place to be.


Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment