Wednesday 30 January 2013

A sampler finished!

Like many people in Blogland I am a big devotee of Soulemama. I love her style of writing and I love reading about her projects.
So I was quite excited to read that she and I were stitching the same sampler by the wonderful Alicia.





This was such a gorgeous project to do. I just love a sampler - all those little pictures to complete that end up creating something lovely overall. My cross-stitch obsession is continuing with avengance!
The colours in this sampler are more subdued than I would normally use but it is a winter sampler and it is done on a really gorgeous blue linen. So much nicer than a cream colour in this situation.

So...not only have I finished something (alway satisfying, and there is sometimes a big gap between completed projects) but it is something that Amanda and I did "together".
Well....sort of.
Off to finish off yet another sampler - wonder if I could devote a whole wall to embroidery samplers??

No comments:

Post a Comment