Thursday 31 January 2013

Grateful Thursday - can it really be Thursday again....so quick!

This past week seems to have gone soooo quickly and my biggest fear is that once school goes back next week time will just rocket past me without me even noticing!
All the more reason to link up with Six by the Bay again because it is Thankful Thursday.
 I think, for me, as the school return approaches and my youngest child goes off to Kindy I am just incredibly grateful that I have had the opportunity to stay at home (with just a little part-time work) for almost 20 years and look after my children. I'm grateful that financially this was viable, I'm grateful that my husband shared the same child care vision that I had and mostly I'm just grateful that my 4 children have kept me company so beautifully for all these years.
All that craft at the table,all those stories read, trips to the library, standing at the ends of shopping trolleys, Playgroups, licking of mixing bowls, playgrounds and everything else that has been my life for such a long time. I would not have done one thing differently.
Not every day was great and some nights I went to bed thinking that maybe I had made the wrong life decisions. But I always woke up the next morning ready to tackle motherhood again.
So when the littlest one puts on her uniform and heads off into the classroom next week it is the end of an era for me but how lucky I have been to have spent so much time with them all for so many years.

Thanks again for hosting, Leigh

Surely the hugs have got to be one of the best bits in this motherhood game.

8 comments:

  1. Wow this will be a big change for you. Great that you have been able to be there for your kids. I have recently left my office job and now work from home and even though my kids are now 18 and 16, can I just say it's been one of the best decisions ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a huge change, Janet and I know I will feel a little lost at first. Isn't it interesting how your teenagers benefit so much from having you around - I found this as well. Thanks again for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Megan! I truly hope you enjoy your 'me' time next week and not feel out of place. You have done a wonderful job! Thanks for linking up today xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will enjoy more time to myself but it is going to feel weird! Probably a good thing that I start working 3 days a week in March. Thanks once again for hosting - good to have a day to focus on the good things in life.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that you have been able to stay home with your children all these years. Just imagine all the beautiful childhood memories you have given them. I love the photograph. Hugs are the best! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! It has been great to have the opportunity to stay at home - I have been very lucky. I certainly have good memories - I hope they do too!

      Delete
  4. I'm also grateful that I can stay at home with my babies, I work from home which helps but also have a hubby who has the same goals as me. Lovely post, found you via Leigh's Thankful Thursday. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Emily, for taking the time to comment. I was just reading your blog last night and really enjoyed your writing. So glad that you, too, have the opportunity to be at home with your family xx

    ReplyDelete